Thursday, June 18, 2015

Review: YAM's Kitchen

So happy that the media tasting for Yam's Kitchen was on the last day of my mid-sem test so I had a great celebratory dinner over good food and company!

About Yam's Kitchen:
The restaurant sets foot on its humble beginning doing F&B business in 2011 and had since received numerous good reviews for providing quality food at affordable price. 
It allows foodies out there to taste the authentic home cooked Zhi Char cuisine. This flagship outlet is helmed by 38 years old Chef Kelvin Yam with more than 20 years of experience in culinary experience & currently the Treasurer at Huo Yow Cooks Association (Singapore) as well. 
Chef Kelvin Yam had achieved gold medals in the Asia competitions in recognition of his excellent cooking skill and creativity in Chinese cuisine. 

Awards received by Chef Kelvin Yam:

Gold Medal at the International Youth Chef Competition 2009 in China
(2009 年荣获中国扬州第一界 “国际青年中餐厨师争霸赛”金奖)
Gold Medla at International Chinese Culinary Competition in China Wulumuqi
(2010 年中国乌鲁木齐 “国际中餐名厨邀请赛”金奖 精烹各式中西式菜肴及各式甜点)
Gold Medal at 7th World Championship Chinese Cuisine in 2012
(第七届中国烹饪世界大赛金奖)


I'm feeling so glad to be able to set foot at their second outlet over at Upper Thomson Road.

The ambience of any restaurant is very important as good ambience wraps you up in the entire experience and leaves you feeling warm and special.

I'm sure all of us would love to enjoy our dinner being immersed in a comfortable dining experience and enjoy more than just the food.
Hence, if you're looking for a warm, homely and relaxed experience, Yam's Kitchen will be the right place for you! 

One will easily differentiate Yam's Kitchen from the normal zi-char stalls as not only they provide quality food, the restaurant is also beautifully furnished with air-conditioned environment. 

VIP rooms are also available at Yam's Kitchen for more exquisite dining!

Salted Egg Fish Skin
I'd always pick out fish skin if they appear in my dishes and I must say this is the first time I'm loving fish skin and keep going back for more!
Using quality salmon skin, there is zero presence of the usual fishy smell that I totally detest in my fish, and the crispy coating of salted egg made this whole dish so delicious. *Licks my lips as I type these*

Rating: 4.5/5

Smoked Duck Wrapped in Crepe & Fragrant Wine Pork Belly served on a boat
Rating: 2.6/5
Pork Ball with Double Mushroom in Bean Paste Soup

Containing no MSG, this healthy, delightful dish contains huge dollops of juicy pork balls in soya-bean based soup, hence, explaining its unique colour. I quite enjoyed this dish but I would prefer to have less rich tasting soups. 

Rating: 2.75/5
Deep Fried Fish Tail with Coconut Sauce 
This is a hugely popular dish consisting of a deep fried fish tail along with its sweet and tangy flavourful coconut sauce. All the fish tails used are fresh Red Snapper tails :) 

Rating: 4.3/5


3 Treasures Egg with Superior Stock & Daily Vegetables
I've eaten quite a few 3 treasure egg spinach dishes in my life and this is the first time I had such a thick salted egg brewed base and I must compliment that this dish is really worth its price! 

I prefer softer vegetables so the spinach was considered slightly tough for me! 

Rating: 3.5/5
Prawn in Spicy Milky Sauce accompanied with Fried KangKong

I was really reluctant to try this prawn dish initially because I cannot take certain strong milky taste since young and only drink certain brands of milk. Hence, I felt very skeptical and was afraid to taste as I was afraid that the dish would have the usual unpleasant milky taste.

However, after I took the first bite, I fell in love and had more than one serving of the fresh, juicy prawn. The strong milky smell was covered by the smell of the dash of pepper, leaving behind only the sweet and creamy smell.

This dish is definitely a must go back for!

Rating: 4.6/5
Braised Sea Cucumber with Pig's Trotter

Flavourful dish that is cooked for at least 6 hours. 

Rating: 3/5
Tofu with Cai Poh & Meat Floss
My favourite of the night! Love the cai poh and meat floss combination. Friends who know me knows that I will usually order my porridge without caipoh because I do not like its taste but I actually quite liked this one!

Rating: 4.6/5
Penang Seafood Fried Kway Teow
Rating: 3.2/5
Honey Lime Juice with Ai-Yu Jelly
Rating: 4.3/5



Official website: http://yamskitchen.com.sg/

Many thanks to Singapore Food Listings /(Facebook) for the invite! 
Photo with the bloggers

To enjoy 10% discount off your total bill (Ala Carte Orders), remember to quote "SFBloggerYamsKitchen" when ordering!



Outlet 1:
1 PASIR RIS CLOSE #04~101 
E!HUB @ DOWNTOWN EAST SINGAPORE 519599

Contact: +65 65845884
Operating Hours:

  • Monday To Thursday: 11.30am – 10pm
  • Friday To Sunday & Public Holidays: 11.30am – 10.30pm


Outlet 2:
No 4  JALAN LEBAN

UPPER THOMSON ROAD

SINGAPORE 577548
Contact: +65 6836 5020
Operating Hours:
  • Monday To Thursday: 11.30am – 10pm
  • Friday To Sunday & Public Holidays: 11.30am – 10.30pm

Thanks for reading<3 

No comments:

Post a Comment